Recycling Information & Resources
GIS Maps - Please click box in upper right hand corner to see legend
- Solano Recycling Guide 2015 - A countywide guide to find locations to recycle or donate unneeded items. Please see the online magazine or download your own PDF version.
- Agricultural Plastic Recycling - Dispose of agricultural plastic for free. This service offered to all local farmers through Encore and Yolo County Landfill.
- Bike Project - Donate your used bicycles and bicycle parts to CMF to be rebuilt into new bicycles. Refurbished bikes are donated to the community.
- Carpet Recycling - Zanker recycles all types of carpet and pads are accepted. Material must be dry and clean.
- Ceiling Tile Recycling - Contact the Armstrong Recycling Center at 1.877.276.7876 for more information and locations.
- CRV Buyback Centers - California Redemption Value buyback locations in Fairfield. A list of where to return your bottles and cans to receive the CRV redemption.
- Confidential Paper Shredding - Document destruction by Gone for Good an enterprise of United Cerebral Palsy of the North Bay, which employs adults with disabilities.
- Earth911.com - A great resource to search for locations to take your recyclables.
- Food Industry Donations - Solano Food Bank accepts large and small donations of food products.
- Gifts from the Garden - Solano Food Bank accepts fruit and produce donations from your home garden. They can also assist to find a group to pick fruit from trees.
- Goodwill Industries - Donate clothing, household items, and e-waste - 707.864.1331
- Mattress Recycling - DR3 Recycling operates under the umbrella of St. Vincent de Paul a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Funds raised are used to serve families in need.
- Medical Equipment - Donate medical equipment you no longer need such as medical beds, walkers, crutches to families in need. Pickup maybe arranged by calling Jackson Medical Supply at 707.446.7014.
- Mission Solano Thrift - Donate appliances, used clothing cars, boats, trailers and RVs to help support Mission Solano Thrift store is located at 2025 N. Texas St., 707.425.3663
- Paint Care - Product Stewardship charges a fee from the paint you purchase to pay for the recycling. Paint Care has drop-off sites where the public can take unwanted, leftover items such as paint, varnishes, and concrete waterproofing. Visit the website for a complete list and drop off locations.
- Plastic Bag and Film Recycling - Find locations at nearby retail stores to drop off plastic film and bags.
- Recycle Motorcycle Oil - Information on recycling events for motorcycle riders.
- Recycle Rex Activity Book - Free children's coloring and activity book with games and puzzles. Learn to recycle where you live, learn, and play!
- Recycling Theft - Unauthorized Collection Flyer - Dumpster diving, scavenging, and removing items from carts and bins set out by residents and businesses is illegal in the city of Fairfield.
- ReStore Solano-Napa Habitat for Humanity - Offers deconstruction services for large construction projects. They also accept furniture, appliances, and large home items.
- Reuse Network through Republic Services- Search online for information and locations on where to take your items you no longer need. You can donate, sell, trade, or recycle!
- Smoke Detectors - There are two types of smoke detectors, do you know which you have?
- Solano County Outdoors - A guide to parks and open space in Solano County (2016)
- Solano Food Bank - Donate Food to Solano Food Bank. The Fairfield Warehouse is located at 2339 Courage Drive-Suite F. Call 925.408.4459 for information.
- Thermostat Recycling - Older thermostats may contain mercury. It is illegal to put them in the trash. You can recycle old thermostats free at two locations in Fairfield.
- United Cerebral Palsy of North Bay - Donate small household items, used clothing and e-waste - 800.423.9350.
- Unwanted or expired medication can be dropped off free in bins located in the lobby of participating pharmacies. Please contact Don't Rush to Flush for more information. You may also sign up to be notified when the next Prescription Take-Back Event will be scheduled in the area.
- Free Confidential Paper Shredding & E-Waste and Used Clothing Drop Off- Free events for local residents and businesses. Provided by Gone for Good, United Cerebral Palsy of North Bay.
- Last Saturday of the month from March to October
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Corner of Jefferson & Empire streets - Downtown Fairfield
- Free and open to residential, businesses, and nonprofit organizations
- 10 box maximum per event
- Weekday Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off
- Four weekday events per year.
- Last Thursday of the month in January, April, July, and October
- Next event:
- 9 a.m. - 12 noon
- 2901 Industrial Court, Fairfield CA 94533
- Call 707.437.8971 to schedule an appointment
- HHW can also be dropped of during Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Days
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month from January through October
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month in November and December
- HHW disposal is FREE for Fairfield residents.
- Proof of residency will be required
- Fairfield businesses that qualify as Small Quantity Generators (SQG) may drop off hazardous waste from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. for a small fee. Call Republic Service for verification.
Opt Out of Receiving Junk Mail and Reduce Unwanted Mail
Opt Out of Receiving the Yellow Pages and Other Directories
City Code / Ordinance & Franchise Agreement
Special Exemption - Limited Hauling Permit for Businesses
Businesses may request a permit for limited hauling of recyclables and debris of 4 cubic yards or less, if the hauling is not the primary business, and is done in conjunction with other services such as clearing debris or homes. An Authorized C&D Hauler must be used for larger quantities or to put down debris bins.
Residential and Commercial Self-Haul Permit (not Construction and Demolition)
For more information, please call the City's recycling hotline number at 707.428.7489